How to scan using the MX922 operator panel For Mac
- You can use the operation panel of the machine to transfer scanned data to a computer.
- Before transferring scanned data to a computer, check the following points.
- ScanGear (scanner driver) is installed.
- Your device is properly connected to your computer.
- Make sure your device is properly connected to your computer.
- Do not connect or disconnect the USB cable or LAN cable while the unit is operating or while the computer is in sleep or standby mode.
- If you are performing a scan over a network connection, make sure that all necessary settings are specified.
Canon MX922 Network scan settings
The destination and file name are specified in the Canon IJ Scan Utility.
You can specify the destination and file name in the Canon IJ Scan Utility. For more information on the settings of the Canon IJ Scan Utility, see the following:
- Make sure the device is turned on.
- Make sure power is on
- Press the SCAN button.
- When transferring data to a USB-connected computer:
- The scan standby screen is displayed.
When the screen to save the data is displayed, select PC, press OK button, select Local (USB) and press OK button. The scan standby screen is displayed.
If you are passing data to a networked computer:
USB connection When the scan standby screen for transferring data to the computer is displayed on the LCD, press the left soft key to display the screen for saving data.
Use the procedure below to select the computer to which you want to pass the scanned data.
- Select PC, and then press the OK button.
- Use the UPDOWN button to select the computer to which you want to send the scanned data, and then press the OK button.
- If you select Local (USB) on the PC selection screen, the data is transferred to the USB connection computer.
When using WSD (WSD, one of the supported network protocols in Windows 7 and Windows Vista) to transfer scanned data to a computer, under Other Settings in LAN Settings in Device Settings, select to use WSD scanning on this device when setting up WSD.
- If you press the left function button, the machine will search the connected computer again.
- Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select the document type.
- You can not select a document type when delivering scanned data to a scanned computer using WSD. Auto Scan
- This item is available only when the computer is connected to the computer using a USB cable.
- The machine will automatically detect the type of the original and deliver the image in optimized size, resolution and data format.
- You can select Auto Scan only when you transfer the scanned data to a USB-connected computer.
- Depending on the type, load the original correctly. Otherwise, some originals may not be scanned correctly.